Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pinning Ceremony

Today we had the pinning ceremony for the Fall 20ll class of Vocational Nurses. They and us had spent a long year preparing for this moment.

This is the Vernon College graduating class, don't they look happy and we the instructors were happy for them. After a year, even though we have grown close to our students, we are ready for them to leave the nest and they are ready to get started with their next adventure.

My LVN pin, most of the year it sits in my jewelry box along side of my RN pin. I remember my pinning as being such a happy moment.
I have come full circle. I got my LVN and my RN from Vernon College and now I am one of their Instructors.

Could not end this blog without a great big "Thank You" to this woman. Hazel is the secretary for our LVN Program and her organization skills for keeping the students Board of Nursing paperwork done is the best. She also coordinates the Pinning Reception. Cookies and Punch. Yum!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment